Monday 23 January 2017

Mission Passport Vienna

I am planning to do a detailed post on my experience of renewing my Pakistani passport online so i will not talk about that at the moment. What i am going to write about is the trip i made to receive my passport.

Yes that totally makes sense, me from Pakistan, applying online for passport renewal in Czech Republic and than travelling to Vienna, Austria to receive it. There is not a dull day in Pakistani's life , right ? ;)

This year has been extra ordinarily cold. So cold that the lake on Brno dam is frozen for few weeks now. I am not big fan of winters, specially Czech dry winters. I checked the forecast and it was showing that it is going to be -8 and sunny during the day. So i thought that i could survive that. So i wrapped myself in all possible layers i could and than started my mission.

I took student agency bus from Brno to Vienna and reached Vienna at 9:10. The embassy opens at 10:00. So i thought i have enough time to reach the embassy by public transport. I had already bought valid daily ticket for Vienna through the mobile app.

While choosing the daily ticket for Vienna public transport, i was a quite confused mainly because of different kind of tickets on offer.

Here is the website of Vienna public transport where you can can find all information about the tickets, route planning, and different ways of purchasing tickets.

http://www.wienerlinien.at/eportal3/


What suited me best was ticket called "Daily ticket" which costs 5.50 euros and is valid from the day of purchase until next day 1:00 AM . For buying this ticket you have to download app . Step by step information is given in the website i mentioned above.




So i excitedly 

No comments: